• is written in clear, simple language and is easy to understand
• is open about how we collect, store and use data
• complies with the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
When we refer to ‘we’, that means StorIQ. By ‘you’ or ‘customer’ we mean your company or organisation.
StorIQ is a data controller (in our registered company name of Cowcross Limited) in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR. Our registration number is A8057405.
When you visit the StorIQ website, we collect and store some personal data.
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit our website, you might be asked to provide some personal data. For example, if you sign up to our newsletter, download an eBook or request a demo. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data you don’t have to, but you may miss out on some of our services and resources.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
• to perform a contract with you, or
• where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
• in accordance with a legal obligation, or
• where we have your consent.
We may use the personal data and usage data we collect –
• To provide you with information you have requested from us, like eBook downloads, our monthly newsletter or demo requests.
• To send operational communications, such as updates to our privacy notice, security updates and our website services.
• To send marketing materials relating to StorIQ that discuss our services, or provide relevant and interesting content and resources to the retail profession. This includes sending occasional promotional emails.
• To improve our services, user experience and content.
• For internal business purposes.
We do not share your data with third party marketers. There are times we may share your data with third parties. We will only disclose your data to:
• Third-party service providers to process and store user data. We may provide these vendors with personal data, to carry out the services they are performing for us. Third-party analytics services providers such as Google Analytics may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Data, about you. We also share data with Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC), which we use to manage email marketing subscriber lists and send emails to our subscribers. Read their privacy notice
• regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
• Other people where we have your consent
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication.
You also have rights to:
• know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
• request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
• object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
If you are unhappy about the way we have processed your personal information for any reason, please email us in the first instance to see if we can resolve your complaint. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as the statutory body which oversees data protection law – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens. To read more about our commitment, please contact us and we can share our Information Security Policy with you.
If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then StorIQ will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
For any questions about the StorIQ Privacy Notice, or how we process your personal data please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Updated May 2021
StorIQ, Unit 1.04, 35 Luke Street, London, EC2A 4EE, UK
© StorIQ 2022