Thanks for visiting the StorIQ website. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our website. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
• is written in clear, simple language and is easy to understand
• is open about how we collect, store and use data
• complies with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’, that means StorIQ. By ‘you’ or ‘customer’ we mean your company or organisation.
StorIQ is a data controller (in our registered company name of Cowcross Limited) in line with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act, 1998. Our registration number is A8057405.
How we collect data
When you visit the StorIQ website, we collect and store some personal data.
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit our website, you might be asked to provide some personal data. For example, if you sign up to our newsletter, download an eBook or request a demo. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data you don’t have to, but you may miss out on some of our services and resources.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
• to perform a contract with you, or
• where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
• in accordance with a legal obligation, or
• where we have your consent.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use the personal data and usage data we collect –
• To provide you with information you have requested from us, like eBook downloads, our monthly newsletter or demo requests.
• To send marketing materials relating to StorIQ that discuss our services, or provide relevant and interesting content and resources to the retail profession. This includes sending occasional promotional emails.
• To improve our services, user experience and content.
• For internal business purposes.
How do we share your data?
We do not share your data with third party marketers. There are times we may share your data with third parties. We will only disclose your data to:
• regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
• Other people where we have your consent
How long will we store your data?
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Changing information and communication preferences
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication.
You also have rights to:
• know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
• request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
• object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to ten.q1534203299irots1534203299@ofni1534203299
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then StorIQ will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Updated May 2018